Thursday, February 3, 2011

Colorful Writing

Using original similes and other figurative language is one way to take your writing to the next level. For me, encountering a well-constructed sentence is like being kissed by a young Sean Connery. It is a totally breathless, heart-pounding experience. I am amazed at the level of purposeful creativity that has birthed such an incredible image. 

The only way to become a more colorful writer, of course, is by practicing. So, this week's  assignment will require you to think -- and write -- outside the box. Oops! That's way too cliche. Uh, let me rephrase that. This assignment will catapult you into thinking beyond and writing above your standard phrasing or comparisons. 

Here's your task: What is the color of hunger? Why is that true?

Here's my example: The color of hunger is unpolished copper.  It is a cloudy shine that demands your attention while trying not to dazzle you. To do so might blind you to its importance.

Be sure to post no later than midnight on February 8, 2011.

12 comments:

  1. The color of hunger is a pale blue green. The suffication of not providing nutrition to my brain, prevents me from breathing. Seeing those colors on another persons face, is copnsidered a curse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color of hunger is red. It puts me in a dark place, where it is no return. Thats so frustrating

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color of hunger is a circle of colors form by the reflection of the sun's rays in rain. It represent a nation call for your attention. To do so might illuminate the significance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color of hunger is red, because if you think about it all the fast food chains there colors are mostly red for example. KFC, Mc Donald's and a lot of Chinese buffets, there goal is to get your attention and red is a loud color that is why I believe red is the color of hunger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color of hunger is bright yellow that prevent proceed forward or transient stop
    for a while, that follows regular fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color of hunger is red. I said that because is a color that has a statement behind it. Think about red lights and stop signs means stop their color is red. The exit sign in buildings is red.


    shakita d.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The color of hunger is Black, Because a empty stomach can make one miserable, sad, gloomy, anxious for food. Black stands for many things including emptiness. -Shana

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color of hungry in my eyes is clear. I say that is true to me because clear to me represents emptiness or nothing. When you think about being hungry is there anything in you stomach? Although people in life see life with a clear eye as though they were hungry for an goal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The color of hunger is red that it craves your attention to satisfy it in order not to be exhausted from it.

    F Rivas-Plata

    ReplyDelete
  10. The color of hunger is black. Black describes the empty stomach and the dark pain it is going through.

    ReplyDelete
  11. (Mine seems kinda out there so I was trying to think of something better and missed the deadline, sorry. However, I wanted to make sure to post at least something.)

    To me the color of hunger is white, as when I get hungry I blur everything else out and daydream of my favorite foods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The color would be black because in a black hole there is nothing there for anyone to store it's just plain emptiness

    ReplyDelete